Our core functional areas include the:
- Management of an effective governance system.
- Development and attraction of applicable talent and development of leadership and human resource capabilities to deliver operational effectiveness.
- Administration and support of both recreation and competitive sport development.
- Provision of support services.
- Support to deliver the achievement of top-class sport facilities and management thereof.
- Promotion of the sport brand.
- Collaboration with other departments, institutions, Provincial and National sport organisations in the use of facilities; the training of coaches and referees; and the presentation of camps and courses.
We have prepared this handbook to answer questions you might have on operations, policy and procedure. The purpose of this handbook is to serve only as a guide, read it thoroughly, and understand your portfolio, policies and procedures. Should you have any questions feel free to contact your Sport Administrator.
We hope you find your sport experience at the University rewarding and wish you great academic success.
Once again, a warm welcome to the Mother City, Cape Town, and most importantly to our beautiful campus, the University of the Western Cape!”
- Director of Sport